- For the Blondie Crust:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For the Cheesecake Topping:
- 2/3 cup heavy whipped cream
- 16 ounces cream cheese 2 blocks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3.4-ounce instant banana pudding powder 1 box
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional: Powdered Sugar for extra sweetness
Garnish: Nilla wafers
For the Blondie Crust:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8×8 baking pan with the non-stick method of your choice.
In a large bowl, whisk together butter and sugar until combined. Next whisk in the egg yolk, flour, salt, banana, and vanilla until well combined.
Add blondie batter to the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until just set.
Cool to room temperature and prepare the topping.
For the Cheesecake Topping:
Using your hand mixer, whip heavy cream in a medium-sized bowl until stiff peaks develop then refrigerate and clean beaters.
In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until nice and fluffy with a hand mixer.
Slowly add in the sugar, banana pudding powder, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat until well incorporated.
Carefully fold pre-made whipped cream into the cream cheese batter.
Taste and add a little powdered sugar if you prefer it a little sweeter.
Pour and evenly spread cheesecake topping over blondie crust and freeze for at least 2 hours or until completely firm.
Garnish with nilla wafers and serve.