- 8 ounces of dry Chinese noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 – 1 1/4 lbs chicken breast cut into small bite-size pieces
- 3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 carrots cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mirin (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
Boil Chinese noodles according to package instructions. Drain well and toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Heat a large skillet over medium heat until a drop of water added sizzles.
GO TO NEXT PAGE TO SEE THE FULL DIRECTIONS!
Working in 2 batches add the noodles and cook undisturbed for 1-2 minutes or until they get crispy. Flip and crisp the other side. Repeat with the second batch of noodles. Remove to a bowl.
Meanwhile mix together soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, and ginger. Set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to the same skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches cook the chicken until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove chicken to plate.
Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to the same skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Add cabbage carrots, onions, and celery; cook until crisp and tender. Reduce heat to low and add garlic stirring constantly.
Return cooked noodles and chicken to the skillet and stir to reheat. Add the sauce and stir to coat. Top with sliced green onions and serve immediately.