- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth (reserving 1/4 cup)
- 6 ounces Amish egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Optional: Fresh or dried parsley for garnish
Place chicken in the bottom of the crockpot, Sprinkle with onion and garlic. Add parsley, rosemary, pepper, thyme, nutmeg, and butter, and cover with chicken broth.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. When cooked tender shred the chicken. Add the egg noodles making sure they are submerged in the liquid. If necessary add a little more chicken broth. Cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes.
Mix cornstarch and reserved broth together and cook on high for additional 10-15 minutes to thicken and cook the noodles until tender.