- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 large carrots sliced in 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut into small cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk (2% or whole)
Melt butter over medium heat in a dutch oven or stockpot. Add onion, celery, and carrots and cook until fragrant; approximately 4-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
Add garlic, parsley, and poultry seasoning; cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Sprinkle in 1 1/2 tablespoon flour; cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Stir in chicken stock and bay leaf; simmer for 25 minutes.
Remove bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken and frozen peas and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl mix 1 cup flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter. When crumbly add milk and stir just until combined. Drop by small spoonfuls into the simmering soup. Cover and cook for 15 minutes without removing the lid.
Take this Quiz Below And Get Free Recipes Book