- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped (equal to 1 c.)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 oz. Ditalini pasta, precooked weight
- 1 large carrot, chopped (equal to 1 c.)
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped (equal to 1 c.)
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) of tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) beef broth
- 1 can (15 oz) of white kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 can (15 oz) of red kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Step 1: Cook the ground beef in a large pot over medium heat until no longer pink. When done, drain any liquid from the cooked beef.
Step 2: To the cooked beef, stir in the chopped onions along with the carrots, celery, and minced garlic. Continue to cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
GO TO NEXT PAGE TO SEE THE FULL DIRECTIONS!
Step 3: Then, add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, and red and white kidney beans (with the liquid). Stir well and season with salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and thyme. Simmer the soup for about an hour, stirring on occasion.
Step 4: Cook the ditalini pasta when the soup has only ten minutes to simmer for about 7 minutes or until slightly firmer than al dente. Make sure not to overcook the pasta. Drain the pasta when done and add to the soup. Stir well and simmer for additional 10 minutes.
Step 5: Serve the soup right away. You can keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.