- 1 pound bacon
- 1 large head of iceberg lettuce – rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounces) package of frozen green peas, thawed
- 10 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 ¼ cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
How To Make a Seven-layer 30-minute salad
Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it is evenly browned. Set aside after crumbling
Layer chopped lettuce, onion, peas, shredded cheese, cauliflower, and bacon on top of a large flat bowl.
To make the dressing, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle over salad and chill until chilled.
Freezing a layered salad (or any salad recipe) is not recommended. Frozen vegetables are mushy, and the mayonnaise splits and separates after thawing.
Overnight layered salad is best made the night before or within four hours. If you add the dressing too soon, the salad will become soggy. Make sure to arrange it carefully, then spoon the dressing over the rim, cover with plastic wrap or in a jar with a tightly sealed lid, and chill until ready to serve.