- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam (or similar)
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water (egg wash, optional)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Roll out the puff pastry sheet and slice it down the center, lengthwise to form two long rectangular danishes.
3. Using a sharp knife, score the puff pastry to form a 1/2-inch border all the way around. Do not to cut all the way through the puff pastry.
4. Use a fork to poke holes in the center portions of the puff pastry.
5. In a small bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice to create the cream cheese layer.
6. Use the back of a spoon to spread the cream cheese mixture into the center of both puff pastry danishes.
7. Dollop the strawberry jam into the center of the cream cheese layer and gently spread it with the back of a spoon. Don’t cover the cream cheese layer completely, allowing a border of cream cheese to create a border around the strawberry layer.
8. Top the jam with sliced strawberries.
9. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and water together to make an egg wash (if using) and brush the border of each puff pastry danish.
10. Bake the danishes for 20 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown. Allow the danishes to cool on the baking sheets for about 10 minutes.
11. To make the icing, mix the powdered sugar with the milk and vanilla extract. Drizzle it over top of the danishes